[kde-doc-english] KDE Doc Tool Chain

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 5 11:09:01 CEST 2006

Hi Tom,

> Is the dblatex solution the official KDE way to produce pdf now?  If so,
> I would like to convince the KMyMoney team to go along.

Well, it's official insofar as it's the best solution I've found (in fact,
pretty much the only suitable one), and no one else has done any work on it.
It also runs on docs.kde.org .

Anyway, you can find some instructions for getting PDF generation working at:
http://people.fruitsalad.org/phil/kde/pdf-stuff/pdf-instructions.html
Hopefully they're correct, but please tell me if you have any problems.

It does need someone with some automake knowledge to incorporate it into the
build system though, and I'm afraid I don't have that. It's also only been
checked with English documentation. I think it'll work as-is with French,
Dutch and German docs, but I have no idea about others.

Regards,
Philip