[kde-doc-english] [Kmymoney2-developer] KDE Doc Tool Chain

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Sep 4 22:11:16 CEST 2006

Hi all,

on Monday 04 September 2006 21:51, Tom Browder wrote:

> Philip Rodrigues wrote:
>  > > I've looked into the docbook (xsl) => pdf thing several times over
>  > > the years and still believe the best method is not to reinvent the
>  > > wheel but use Professor Knuth's wonderful TeX for the actual
>  > > typesetting.  That means translation of docbook eventually into TeX
>  > > (or LaTeX), then pdf.

>  >...it seems this is the best way to go. A maintained solution (which
>  > is what I'm using) is dblatex (http://dblatex.sf.net) which does
>  > precisely that. LaTeX error reporting does make me want to tear out
>  > my hair sometimes though...
>  >
>  >If you're interested in discussing this further, we should take it to
>  >kde-doc-english at kde.org .
>
> Is the dblatex solution the official KDE way to produce pdf now?  If so,
> I would like to convince the KMyMoney team to go along.

No need to convince us. We're with you.

> By the way, your pdf version KMyMoney Handbook is beautiful
> (http://people.fruitsalad.org/phil/kde/kmymoney.pdf).

Agreed. This is beautiful. Whatever needs to be done to get there, just let
us know and we'll fix the build stuff to get this from scratch. Top
quality, I am very impressed.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

thb at net-bembel.de               Check the KMyMoney open source
http://www.net-bembel.de/       project at http://kmymoney2.sf.net/

'Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.' - Brian W. Kernighan