[kde-doc-english] Documenting with flash demos

Birger Kollstrand birger.kollstrand at losmail.no
Wed Jan 11 00:15:45 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm not a member on this list so please send replysto me directly.

I was asked by Philip Rodrigues to post some information on an issue I have
been looking a bit in to when startig to get involved in KDE-Promo work.

One of the hurdles to get over is to show people KDE without having to install
a complete distro. I guess that will be even more interesting when KDE
applications will be more easily portable to Windows with KDE 4.

The idea is to use annotated flash movies to show off features and benefits
whithout having to do major installs.

This approach can mabye also be good to use in documentation work. A picture
is a thousend words, so what is a movie :-)

The application I have looked at is called Wink. It is not Open Source, but it
is freware for private and commercial use.
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

I have made som small tests to see how it is working and I think it would be a
good idea if more people on this list also had a small test of it.

Reagrds Birger
www.linær.no