[kde-doc-english] problem to generate the language docbooks for kdebase/kdeprint

Erik Kjær Pedersen erik at binghamton.edu
Sat Apr 1 19:06:14 CEST 2006

Lørdag 01. april 2006 10:47 skrev Burkhard Lück:
> You need:
> 1. message extraction from docbook to pot
> 2. Scripty's merge from pot to your language.po
> 3. you have to translate the file

Well yes the pot-files and docbooks being out of sync has been a problem
forever, and I guess it was decided that the documentation writers were the
ones to produce the pot-files, but they don't. I think a better system would
be that scripty produces all potfiles and the merging is decentralized. I can
easily do the merging myself, just as I run update_xml myself. I can also
produce pot-files, but it would be nice to have that centrally done.

Erik