[kde-doc-english] More on PDF generation

Robert Wadley rob at robntina.fastmail.us
Sat Sep 10 22:53:27 CEST 2005

>>* Images are very rough (look like enlarged low-res pictures).
>>

>I'm not sure where the problem lies for this one. It might be a display
>problem, with the images appearing OK when printed. Once I've sorted out the
>"oversize" image problem, I'll take a look into this.

The print size attributes of the images need to be set.
Using the Gimp: (Or whatever you like to use that can set this attribute.)
'Image' --> 'Print size...'
Adjust the print size settings so they will look good when printed in
the pdf. 'screen resolutions' looks okay on a monitor but for printing
you will need a lot higher resolution or you end up with the problem you
describe.  You can take care of the "oversize image" problem too as you
can define the size the image needs to be when printed.

Rob