[kde-doc-english] Kontact Documentation Update

Antonio Salazar savedfastcool at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:53:39 CEST 2005

Hello all
I believe I've finished the Kontact manual update for 3.5, so here it
is for a good going-over. I've attached a tar.gz that also contains
several images, some updated, some new, as well as
kontactManualUpdate.diff, the diff for index.docbook.

Quick list of changes:
* I've tried to keep lines to 80 characters. This is a
recently-developed preference of mine, if you want me to get rid of
it, I'll do it.
* I got rid of the akregator and kitchensync entity declarations; I
think I should have done this last time (I remember that was when we
added these two to the general entities list), but I guess it slipped
my mind. Anyway, they're gone now.
* Updated the date and releaseinfo (correct me if 1.1.1 is not the
Kontact release, that's what Kontact said it was).
* Added KArm to the list of keywords and applications included.
* Changes the list of applications included from a bunch of sect1s
that generated their own pages to a variablelist (thanks Carlos).
* Updated several screenshots that were still Keramik style to the new
Plastik style.
* Added in several screenshots, including the Navigator toolbar, the
shortcuts configuration dialog, and the Special Dates Summary plugin
(this last one was referenced in the manual already but for some
reason I hadn't taken the screenshot, so that fixes a disgusting
little mistake there).
* Replaced all instances of todo with to-do (again, something I should
have done last time).
* Added a section on the Navigator toolbar (although it was mentioned,
how to activate it wasn't, and nowhere did it say that drag & drop
operations did NOT work with it).
* Replaced > with the > entity (I've been coding in HTML more
recently, so this hurt to see; I'm not sure if it's as big of an issue
in Docbook, but it probably is).
* Added a section on keyboard shortcuts, including a list of default
shortcuts and a blurb on where to find their configuration. This
includes the Ctrl+# shortcuts for switching between sections and the
Ctrl+Shif+<letter> for creating new messages, notes, etc.
* Added a note about the new Refresh button on the Summary View.
* Added a note on the fact that the Contacts Summary plugin has gone
bye-bye and the Special Dates plugin should be used instead.
* Got rid of the section on the Contacts Summary plugin.
* Added a note mentioning that the NewsTicker plugin requires
kdenetwork (or, if distros package programs separately, just the
KNewsTicker application).
* Added a section on startup-related command-line arguments in order
to mention the new -iconify argument (on second look, it isn't new,
I'd just missed it last time).
* Updated the program copyright to 2004-2005, correct me if this is wrong.
* Added Allen Winter to the list of contributors.

Woow. That was a long list. I think I actually did something this
time, probably most of it stuff I should have done last time :-)
Looking forward to your comments/revisions!
Antonio

--
http://www.funpic.hu/swf/numanuma.html