[kde-doc-english] KMail documentation correction

Éric Bischoff ebischoff at nerim.net
Fri Sep 2 07:15:51 CEST 2005

Le Vendredi 2 Septembre 2005 05:26, Peter Liepmann a écrit :
> On Monday 29 August 2005 05:27 pm, you wrote:
> > Le Lundi 29 Août 2005 21:37, Peter Liepmann a écrit :
> > > (Using Mandrake10.1, KDE 3.2.3, KMail 1.7.1)
> > >
> > > ¨in the folder Mail,¨ should read, ¨in the hidden folder .Mail,¨
> >
> > Are you sure? I have KMail 1.7.1, and the mail folder is named "Mail",
> > and is not hidden.
>
> I opened the folder in Konqueror-
> This is a partial listing of what I have, with K set to ´show hidden
> files´:

I believe you. Perharps you didn't get the followups on the list. It looks
like it depends on the Linux distribution (or more generally on the
environment, after all KDE does not only run under Linux).

I have suggested to drop a note:
        <footnote><para>Some KDE distributions rename this folder to
        <filename>.Mail</filename>, with a dot at the beginning, and

> THis may be a linux flavor issue, or a Gnome vs KDE issue, etc.  As they
> say, your mileage may vary.  Maybe it  should read,
>  ¨in the Mail folder (which may be the hidden folder ´.Mail,´¨ or
> ¨which is the hidden folder ´.Mail´ in some systems¨)
> Might be worth checking with someone with a different distro.  How about
> someone from the Debian,SUse, Slackware, etc. families?

This discussion already occured on the list. If you want to make sure that
this issue gets resolved, please file a bug report on http://bugs.kde.org.

> Thanks for maintaining this, and writing it in the first place!

I did not do that. I just reacted to your email. No real merit ;-).

--
Marre des virus, vers, spywares, adwares et plantages ?
Passez à Linux !