[kde-doc-english] Documentation Patches for 3.5

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Oct 4 19:52:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I normally collect patches for a new release and apply them to the branch just
before the final release tarballs are made, after the final generation of
translated docs.

This time around however I've dropped the ball and almost certainly won't get
this done in time.[1]

In any case I would like to propose that I commit the patches to the 3.5
branch just _after_ the release is done, so they go into 3.5.1.  The net
effect for translation is minimal, if any, you would normally have got those
updates the first time the templates were updated in the branch anyway.  The
impact for the English docs is that they won't go into the 3.5 release, but
will be available online at docs.kde.org and in the 3.5.1 release.

Comments, objections, please speak up.

We've previously discussed with Coolo setting up a docs branch for this kind
of thing, which is now, in hindsight, seeming like an even more smashing idea
than it did at the time, so either way, I'll see this is done asap after the
release.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org

[1] If anyone cares, I do have good excuses honest.  Between some personal
stuff (my partner and I are both starting new jobs this month) and a fairly
beautifully timed hardware failure (my workstation motherboard has died, so
the machine is unbootable. Worse, in an uncharacteristic fit of modernity, I
put all SATA drives in it when I specced it, and don't have anything else to
read them on to get the nearly prepared patch set off, since my dusty old
laptop can't cope, and the only other SATA machines around here are the RAID
arrays :)