[kde-doc-english] Re: CVS access

Joe Dev joe.dev at unibas.org
Tue May 24 15:15:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

> We've recently switched to SVN instead of CVS, and I'm in the process of
> rewriting all the instructions on i18n.kde.org to accomodate.  In the
> meantime, you will need SVN installed (just the client, for KDE)
>
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdevelop/
Thanks, I installed the client and svn works for me now.

However, only my very first patch is in the SVN.

On May 3, I wrote:
"In this couple of days I found and corrected the error in my first patch,
but also made a lot more changes. Diff attached, see its changelog.

If possible, would you please first look at my changes and if
you think they are acceptable, fix the markup AFTER applying this patch."

and attached the file diffres.tgz that is also attached to this mail here.

This second, bigger patch doesn't seem to be applied and it seems it cannot
be applied now without destroying your changes.

How should we proceed?
- Can we merge the patch in (semi-)automatically?
- Do you want to look at the patch, applied to the older CVS version,
  and apply the changes manually?
- Or should I apply the changes to the newest (SVN) version manually?

I know what I've done, and I've got to continue this work anyway,
so this latter one would be OK for me.

Another question:
How should we proceed in the future?
Where should I send my patches?