[kde-doc-english] Doc team website

obennett obennett at hartford.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:38:53 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 04:42, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> > That point could be clarified, one of the things I was getting at was
> > that some people are a little wary of what joining the docs team might
> > mean in terms of commitment.  Some of us aren't born with that rah rah
> > team player spirit.  We need to make it clear they don't have to commit
> > to anything long term, but that every bit of useful documentation is a
> > welcome contribution to KDE as a whole.
>
> Agreed, we need to be clear about this. Perhaps some kind of heading on the
> page like "Ways to help in 20 minutes" or something similar? This
> definitely links in with making sure we have JJs available (either on the
> kolab todo or on bugs.kde.org).
That. Would be sweet .Especially for the lazier people out there who either
a) get tired of looking through b.k.o after 5 minutes or
b) just don't bother at all because of a.
Granted, I'm not usually looking through JJs so that might be why, but enough
about me :-)

I think it would also be good to create some sort of general template e-mail
for first time "I'd like to join the docs team/document X application" mails
to the mailing list with a list of website resources on how to write clear
docs, KDE guidelines, docbook primer and the standard "you don't have to know
docbook..." responses and so on. Maybe I should throw something together to
start it off ?