[kde-doc-english] Re: Konsole documentation, konsole.png saved as text file

Kurt V. Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at kdemail.net
Sun Jan 30 19:44:26 CET 2005

On Sunday 30 January 2005 10:29 am, Federico Zenith wrote:
| Hi,
| I'm the Italian translator of the Konsole documentation. Translating the
| docs I have found some things that could be fixed, among these some
| newlines right before closing tags (they introduce unwanted spaces), some
| missing <menuchoice> tags, some inconsistent phrasings, and various minor
| adjustments.
| See the attached patch, meant to be applied on the current version in CVS
| (1.66 at the time of writing).
|
| Another thing: the image konsole.png seems to have been committed as text
| file (without the -kb option for binary files). This might break future
| versions if some bytes have the bad idea of aligning such that they form an
| ASCII CVS keyword as $ Id: $ or similars. a "cvs admin -kb konsole.png"
| should fix this.
|
| Cheers,
| -Federico

My reply email to Federico bounced, so I'll reply here...

Thank you very much.  This was my first attempt at docbook and it shows.  :-)
I 'cvs admin' both konsole.png and tabbar.png; I hope that fixed it.

I reverted your patch in 2 places.  In the Examples area of the command line
section.  I want
"konsole --vt_sz 90x25 --nohist"
"konsole --noclose -e echo_args Hello, thanks for using Konsole!"
to be on their own one line.

  Thanks again,
    Kurt