[kde-doc-english] An intoriduction and a couple of questions

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Jan 24 18:33:55 CET 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 19.23, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
> I worked on the WhatsThis help for KGpg a couple of years ago and as I was
> looking at them the other day I noticed that they badly need to be changed
> so that they are clearer. Is anybody else working on this? I was also
> wondering about style guidelines for the WhatsThis dialogues so that they
> are consistent across all applications. Does such a thing exist? The style
> guide is a bit thin on specific information concerning WhatsThis ;).
> Last time I worked on KGpg I submitted my work directly to the developer
> and he integrated the changes. However, would it be better for me ti submit
> my work here in order to have it reviewed and integrated, if so is this the
> appropriate forum for this?
> Depending on my mileage with this project I am undertaking I would like to
> tackle the KGpg handbook next as it needs to be overhauled as well. I have
> browsed through the markup guide and it looks manageable. Anyway that is
> just the dream, for right now the more immediate goal is to clean up my old
> work in KGpg.

Hi Erinn,

As far as what's this help is concerned, if the developer of the application
is happy, we're happy.  You're of course welcome to post things here for
review too.

The Handbook depends greatly on how familiar with DocBook you are.  If you are
not experienced, it's probably best if you post patches to review here to
start with, and updates in plain text (with clear instructions what to
replace where) are fine too, we can deal with the markup for you.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org