[kde-doc-english] An intoriduction and a couple of questions

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Jan 19 21:41:25 CET 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 18:23, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
> I worked on the WhatsThis help for KGpg a couple of years ago and as I was
> looking at them the other day I noticed that they badly need to be changed
> so that they are clearer. Is anybody else working on this?

I don't know, but the maintainer should, which you can contact(appears to be
Jean-Baptiste Mardelle <bj at altern.org>).

> I was also
> wondering about style guidelines for the WhatsThis dialogues so that they
> are consistent across all applications. Does such a thing exist? The style
> guide is a bit thin on specific information concerning WhatsThis ;).

Yes, that's needed. I don't know about a particular document(but perhaps Lauri
does).

Feel free to file a bug on product "HIG" and describe exactly what you want
the guidelines to cover regarding whatsthis. Then the guidelines group will
at some point have a look at it. Do suggest guidelines, of course :)

> Last time I worked on KGpg I submitted my work directly to the developer
> and he integrated the changes. However, would it be better for me ti submit
> my work here in order to have it reviewed and integrated, if so is this the
> appropriate forum for this?

It's not necessary, but if you want it reviewed by Lauri et al. I guess this
is the most appropriate.

Cheers,

		Frans