[kde-doc-english] Contributing

Francis G francisg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:42:45 CET 2005

Hi,

I have just been reading the KDE Documentation pages. I have often been
thinking of a way to give back and contribute to something that has been
consistently so prosperous and beneficial to myself, but I was neither a
programmer nor any sort of Linux guru. I am adventurous with my Operating
System, but perhaps average on my general knowledge of it.

Nevertheless, it seems to me that I could potentially be a help in some way
by:
* Writing wider documentation for the whole of KDE (like the User Guide, or
this document).
* Proofreading and/or updating documentation to ensure that it is correct and
up-to-date.

I'm a voracious and discursive reader, and it's perhaps fair to say that I'm
 a pedant when it comes to English spelling and syntax (I noticed a few minor
 errors in the Documentation itself; I'll point them out if you don't mind my
 doing so).

My native tongue is Modern Greek, but I have progressed somewhat since I
 moved to England some twelve years ago. My Greek remains terribly crippled
 (broken), but my English is more than reasonable.

Please do let me know if there's any way in which I might be of some use;
either in writing documentation or by proofreading (perhaps my preferred
option, though they would both suit me).

Kindest thoughts,
Francis Giannaros.