[kde-doc-english] kompare is sweet!!!!

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 15 19:47:01 CET 2005

On February 15, 2005 11:04, Eric Reischer wrote:
> [File->Save All]  Cool, so my changes should be applied to my
> destination tree now.  Oh wait, wtf, my destination tree is unmodified.
> Ok, maybe the source tree..........nope.  Ok, is there a diff file?

first, you'll be happy to know that this works properly in KDE 3.4. i'm sorry
you wasted some time and felt frustrated.

second, in future you may wish to visit bugs.kde.org and file reports there
against the application that has the problem rather than posting on the
documentation list where such problems are not very likely to be addressed in
an effectual manner.

but before you go barreling off to bugs.kde.org next time, out of
consideration for the people who put so much time and effort into this
software and who will be on the receiving end of your bluster, you may want
to take a few breaths and calm down a bit first. it's never fun to have
someone yell at you, but it is appreciated when someone provides useful
feedback in a constructive manner even if that feedback is "this is broken
and here is how/why". =)

have a great day.

--
Aaron J. Seigo