[kde-doc-english] Updated Kontact Documentation

Antonio Salazar savedfastcool at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:08:34 CET 2005

Hello all
I realize this is quite late, and I'm terribly sorry. I don't know
whether you'll be able to put it in for 3.4 or not; I certainly hope
so. But, I'm not here to make apologies, since it's a bit late for
that.

Attached is the diff for the Kontact index.docbook. Also attached is
the new general.entities file with the akregator and kitchensync
entities added - if you'd prefer a diff for that, let me know (I've
placed the entities in the appropriate position in alphabetical order,
as with the rest of them). I'm also posting the new screenshots to
http://theoldquarter.dyndns.org/files/kontactScreenshots.tar.gz Please
don't kill my computer or my rather limited bandwidth :-). Finally,
I'm putting the entirety of the generated documentation at
http://theoldquarter.dyndns.org/files/kontactDocs/ so you can look at
it without having to run it through meinproc or read through docbook
(ick), and so you can see the new screenshots in the documentation.
Alignment and all that good stuff specified in the stylesheet will, of
course, be off, but I think that's okay.

The changes made include:
- new screenshots of pretty much everything, since the default style
is now Plastik instead of Keramik
- screenshots that concern new features (special dates plugin, moving
components in the summary view, selecing startup component [thanks to
Allen Winter for that, since I haven't been running CVS for about a
month now], etc)
- new sections on the special dates and newsticker summary view
plugins (I'd missed the newsticker plugin somehow last time),
repositioning summary view components, and an additional blurb on
setting Kontact's startup component
- the addition of akregator and kitchensync to the list of components
in Kontact (Chapter 2), which was why I was having trouble with
entities.
- removed a blurb about changing the layout to use tabs - I think this
was a feature I saw on the planned features document that never got
implemented for 3.3
- updated date and release version

If you see anything wrong or need anything changed or need certain
changes removed for now and an updated diff or, really, anything else,
let me know.
Antonio

PS: GMail will break HTML files (well, it calls it `defang', I call it
break) when they are attached - I'm not sure if that's going to happen
to general.entities; if it does, let me know and I'll compress it or
something.

--
Get Firefox and revolutionize your web experience!