[kde-doc-english] KOffice in the User Guide

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 4 10:40:50 CET 2005

Hi,
I recently noticed that the new User Guide is missing a section about KOffice.
Obviously, this is quite a large oversight, so I was wondering if anyone
would like to add something.

Content suitable for the Guide would be an introduction to KOffice, or a short
article about some general feature (eg, 'Using the frames-based model of
KWord'). Take a look at the current content to get an idea:
kdebase/doc/userguide or
http://people.fruitsalad.org/phil/kde/userguide-tng

It needn't necessarily be new content - you can reuse something from the
existing documentation. We did that with, for example, the kmail and knode
'setting up' sections.

This sort of thing also seems to be a good way for new contributors to get
involved, so perhaps someone who works on KOffice docs would like to forward
this to the koffice or koffice-devel mailing lists.

As ever, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Phil