[kde-doc-english] Hello. I'm new here.

Jonathan Lee aodhagan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:03:05 CEST 2005

I wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Jonathan Lee, and I am
currently living in Springfield, Missouri in the U.S.A.  I wanted to
really start my KDE contributions in the area of documentation.

I have been a KDE user since the version 2.0 betas.  I have been an
Open Source advocate since the late 1990's, and have consistently run
into issues with new Linux/KDE users wanting documentation that wasn't
yet available.  I want to help alleviate this issue.

I currently expect that the best documentation is created
collaboratively between the writer and application developer (though I
admit that this is an expectation born in ignorance).  I hope that the
people on this team can point me towards the applications felt to be
in greatest need on new contributions, or an application developer
that desperately wants help.

I regret that the bugzilla query from
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/current.php kept timing out for me, or I would
probably have used a more automated option for discovering this
information.

I expect to only be able to work on this 5 to 10 hours a week
initially, and hope that will still be sufficient to make a positive
impact.  My expectations are that smaller applications with more
limited feature sets, or documentation that simply needs to be updated
and expanded would provide a more constructive opportunity for getting
my feet wet.  Thanks for your time.

Jonathan Lee