[kde-doc-english] docs competition - The System Tray

Simon Vermeersch titeuf at ph34rus.org
Thu Sep 30 23:54:32 CEST 2004

The System Tray

The system tray is where programs that are run, but not directly needed are
keeped. Some programs (like music players) are shown there, because you
probably wants to keep them open, but so that it don't take too much space on
your screen, it will put an icon in the system tray.
When you right-click on such an icon, a popup menu will appear where you can
see some options of the program (like play, pause, stop, ... in a music
player)
When you left-click on it, the main window of the program will appear.
If you hover your mouse above the icon, a tool tip will appear with some
information (in the music player case information like the current song)
Programs that normally support system tray icons are music players, irc
clients, organizers, ...
In most of these programs you can configure if you want an icon to be shown or
not.

PS: I'm Simon Vermeersch, and I forgot to tell this in my two other mails
(also from titeuf at ph34rus.org)