[kde-doc-english] Random stylesheet thoughts

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 23:27:46 CEST 2004

I was playing around with the XSL stylesheets and the user guide. I came up
with the following 'driver stylesheet' (or whatever they're called), which
seems to work quite nicely on the UG, and has some changes that could be made
general for all of KDE documentation:
--BEGIN--
                version='1.0'>

<!-- Change this to link to the stylesheet you want -->
  <xsl:import
href="file:///home/phil/cvs-kde/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/kde-web.xsl"/>

<!-- Probably only useful to change this for the UG. Could be a PI in the
document -->
<xsl:param name="toc.max.depth">2</xsl:param>
<!-- Could be changed generally. More a matter of taste, I guess -->
<xsl:param name="segmentedlist.as.table" select="1"></xsl:param>
<!-- Should be changed generally for the kde-web stylesheet. -->
<xsl:param name="callout.graphics.path" select="'../common/'"></xsl:param>
<!-- The next two remove the inline CSS from the output. The CSS stylesheets
already specify these. I think these should be changed generally -->
<xsl:param name="css.decoration" select="0"></xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="admon.style"><xsl:text></xsl:text></xsl:param>

</xsl:stylesheet>
--END--

I also added the following to the kde-default.css file:
--BEGIN--
/* Stop adjacent examples from overlapping */
.informalexample {
           margin-top: 0.25in;}
--END--

As the comment suggests, it prevents adjacent <informalexample> div's from
overlapping one another, with the payoff that they are further from the text.

I also played a little with the db2latex stylesheets, and finally got round to
filing a bug about <filename>s with '$'s and a child producing wonky output.

Regards,
Philip
Online KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org