[kde-doc-english] FAQ addition: Autostart

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Sep 18 20:28:04 CEST 2004

hi all..

at http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/configure.html#id2875809 under the
topic of "9.10. How do I run a program at KDE startup?" it covers how to run
things via `kde-config --localprefix`/env and `kde-config --prefix`/env, but
not the Autostart folder. could we add something akin to this to the topic:

If you wish to start a program after KDE has started, you may want to use the
Autostart folder. To add entries to the Autostart folder:

 1. open up Konqueror
 2. go under the Go menu and select Autostart
 3. right click in the window view area and select Create New / File / Link to
Application
 4. click on the Application tab in the window that appears and enter the
command to run in the Command entry

also, i wonder if linking every instance of $KDEHOME and $KDEDIR to an entry
showing how to find out what those are using kde-config and what they default
to (if anything) would be a good idea eventually? it's kind of a 101 thing to
know when starting to root around in KDE =)

btw, we're starting to use the FAQ more often on IRC. i'm sure Lauri will
smile at that. maybe next i'll be using FreeBSD? ;-)

--
Aaron J. Seigo