[kde-doc-english] Re: Visual Guide to Widgets

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Sep 16 23:15:06 CEST 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 10:57, Philip Rodrigues wrote:

> Any ideas, suggestions, questions?
There are some widgets that are missing from the visual guide that would be
good to have as well.

The file picker combo, attached as unknown.png, is used in many config
dialogs. Is there a good name for it, or at least for the "folder icon
button" on the right (I call this button "the file picker button").

Or, a general name for two linked widgets would be nice. For instance, how
would I call a spin box connected to a list box (attached as combination.png?

Also, agreeing in a name for the all built-in KDE dialogs would be nice, even
if they seem obvious. We can call them "save as dialog box" and "open dialog
box", or "file picker dialog box", or whatever, I am not sure which one.

And about capitalization: do we really need to capitalize these words, as the
guide apparently suggests?

Other than that, I do not have replacement suggestions other than annma's
suggestions.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz