[kde-doc-english] Re: User guide.

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 20:20:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I'm interested in having a go at writing some of the userguide,

Great! It's good to have you on board!

> particularly the kcontrol section. I was wondering if anyone had the time
> to give some suggestions? I'm assuming the user guide isn't to be as in
> depth as the handbooks for the various applications. I've read the doc
> primer and I'm still not entirely sure how to go about it :)

AFAIK, no-one's working on the kcontrol section, so you can go ahead with
that. The best way to start would be to choose a small-ish section that you
like the look of, and write a basic description (in plain text format) for
it. You can send your work here to kde-doc-english at kde.org, we can take a
look at it, suggest additions and improvements if necessary, and then commit
it to KDE CVS. This procedure works well for new contributors - if you decide
to continue with documentation writing, we can consider getting you a CVS
account.

The doc primer is a work-in-progress (although progress has been stalled
recently), so if you have notice anything that's missing from it, please do
point it out here on the list.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Once again,
welcome to the team!

Regards,
Philip
Online KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org