[kde-doc-english] documentation

vose at cs.utk.edu vose at cs.utk.edu
Wed Nov 17 13:01:04 CET 2004

I would be interested in improving the KDE documentation by
volunteering to write a guide to how one can change icons.  Many
people would like to customize which icons appears on the KDE pannel,
but do not know how.  Unfortunately, I count myself in the group which
does not know how, so I would need access to information or people who
could provide the technical details.

I would also be interested in improving the "KDE Help Center".  For
example, buried on some page is a reference to "Kicker", but there is
no indication of how/where one can get information about "Kicker".
Using the Glossary likewise gives no clue as to how to find out about
"Kicker".  After going in circles for awhile (Kicker says to see
Panel, and Panel says to see Kicker), I usually fall back on Google,
but then am often dissapointed with not finding useful information.
Perhaps I could work on embedding links into the Help Center pages
which direct one to useful information (instead of circles)?

Michael