[kde-doc-english] Re: wanna help writing kde development docs ?

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Nov 1 22:06:44 CET 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 21.43, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi Raphael, Alex,
> Just to respond briefly to your comments about developer docs: We've
> traditionally kept end-user and developer documentation quite separate,
> both in terms of content and organization of writers. That said, I'm quite
> happy for you to use this list for general discussion of writing developer
> docs, proofreading, help with DocBook, etc. I imagine everyone else would
> feel the same, but best to check first.

I think the fact discussion of developer documentation has historically been
kept separate is simply because there hasn't been anyone actually discussing
it.

It's perfectly fine with me if all the documentation type discussion goes
here, whether it's user oriented, developer oriented, writing articles for
the website, or working on the tooltips and what's this help.    We should
even update the mailman info page to reflect that, if there are no objections
to sharing a list.

In fact, I think it will help with cross pollination of writers/proofreading
and other resources, and will help with consistency of terminology and style
across the board, which is always good.  It gets us all on the same page, so
to speak.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org