[kde-doc-english] Done Done Done

Antonio Salazar flossadvocate at bellsouth.net
Thu May 27 23:19:45 CEST 2004

Phew... Sorry that took so long, but I replaced the index.docbook file and
fixed the various small problems that were left, as well as the Plastik
screenshot (bit embarrassed about that one, hehe). You can get it at
http://www.lefauxdesignstudio.com/updatedKontactDocumentation.tar.gz . I
think I'll leave this here for a couple of days, then talk to the KDE PIM
folks about adding it into CVS, as the feature freeze took effect (iirc) on
the 24th. Which is something I might be wrong about, of course, since there's
still plenty of discussion going on about new features @ kde-pim ml.
Antonio

On Monday 26 April 2004 17:23, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> > Well, here (attached) is the .tar.gz archive with the updated Kontact
> > documentation and all the screenshots (because there are actually
> > screenshots in this one). Let me know what you think, and, of course,
> > fire away with the proofreaders...
>
> Looks good! I've made some changes to the markup, mainly changing a few
> 'presentation' things to 'content' things. A great tag is <replaceable>,
> which I've used (inside <guilabel>s, mainly) to show something that is a
> placeholder, and will be replaced by the real value.
>
> You should add yourself at least in the 'credits and license' section, and
> probably in the <bookinfo> section too. I changed the <date> to the current
> date (you should do this each time you modify the document - it helps the
> translators). I don't have Kontact from CVS HEAD at the moment, so I
> couldn't find the correct version of the application to <releaseinfo>. You
> should change that.
>
> We don't usually link to other documents inside docbook files, because we
> can't be sure they exist on the user's system, but in this case, I think we
> can be reasonably certain that the rest of kdepim will be installed. So I
> guess it's OK to have the links (and they're very useful for the content).
> Does anyone else here have an opinion?
>
> Please feel free to ask about any changes I've suggested, and to disagree
> with them if you want :-).
>
> (I'm not sure if it's just because I'm on a small screen here, but the
> screenshots seem to be quite large. Would it be easy to resize the Kontact
> window and retake them?)
>
> > PS: For future reference, how large is 'quite large'? :-)
>
> I guess >500KB is 'quite large' (well, www.ntk.net seems to think so :-).
>
> Again, thanks for the good work, and any questions, don't hesitate to ask,
> Regards,
> Philip

- --
Dear Lord: Please make my words sweet and tender, for tomorrow I may
have to eat them.

*Kontact Documentation
Maintainer*