[kde-doc-english] Re: Kolourpaint Documentation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 17:05:37 CET 2004

(This thread brought to you via kde-quality)
Hi Virgil et al.,

Hopefully the links on i18n.kde.org that Marc pointed out are useful to you.
If anything's not clear from there, please ask.

> Here's the "beta" (can't even say if it compiles or not) documentation for
> kolourpaint. I'm not sure how to do
> everything... where should the chapter "toolbar" be? What format should I
> use for the toolbar items? eg, should I be using <guiicon> or <guibutton>

I think the toolbar chapter would usually go near the end, since it's more of
a 'reference' section, but before the standard 'Credits and License' etc
chapters. I can't work out from the DocBook references whether <guiicon> or
<guibutton> is right. I'd go with <guiicon>, I think.

> I could mess with the tags for that... but... I can't figure out how to
> view the .docbook file (I'd like to figure out even if I don't do this).

Again, to clarify what Marc said, 'checkXML index.docbook' will check that the
file contains valid DocBook. 'meinproc index.docbook' will generate the HTML
output (and check the validity while it's at it).

> Also, the image files mentioned are from the kdegraphics/kolourpaint/pics
> folder.

I think they'll need to be put in the same directory as the .docbook file.

Some other things:
You'll notice that although the toolbar section is valid, the output isn't
ideal. I'd suggest taking a screenshot of the whole toolbar, and say
something like "The buttons are, from left to right..."

Make sure to change the <date> tag to the latest date that you modified the
document, because it's needed by translators.

I added a definition of the &kolourpaint; entity to the file, but it should
almost certainly be defined in the global entities file. I would do it, but I
don't have a CVS checkout to hand. Could someone do this please?

Otherwise, the documentation is looking good - keep it up, and thanks very
much :-)

Welcome aboard,
Phil