[kde-doc-english] How to see the latest version of a handbook.

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Mar 8 15:50:09 CET 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 19.19, Marc Heyvaert wrote:

> Is there a way to point the KDE Helpcenter to another location (the newer
> prefix)?
> Is there an easy way to browse the te docfiles directly, with some viewer,
> not with kate...or do I have to run some program?

If you are editing docs, and want to regenerate them, run 'meinproc
index.docbook' and you'll find the html files in the current directory.  Then
just look at them in Konqueror.

As far as having multiple KDE installs, setting $KDEDIR should point
khelpcenter to the version you want to see.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/