[kde-doc-english] Re: Helping with documentation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 28 10:31:06 CEST 2004

Hi John,
The documentation team have been at aKademy, discussing ways to make things
easier for new contributors, like yourself, so I thought I'd get back to you
with that in mind.

On Sunday 08 August 2004 6:30 pm, John Hayes wrote:
> I have recently been considering trying to help Linux/KDE in some way.
> Starting with documentation would be a way to get started. I know in a
> broad and general way, Linux has some documentation shortcomings.

In order to help you find something which you'll enjoy working on, I'll
suggest four broad topics that documentation writing falls into:

1. Writing new content for application manuals
2. Updating content for user manuals
3. Writing content for general KDE documentation, like the User Guide or the
glossary
4. Non-writing things: taking screenshots, dealing with docs.kde.org, dealing
with the XML tools used to generate documentation, programming stuff to
automate, for example, screenshot generation.

If you'd like to begin on one of those areas, tell us at
kde-doc-english at kde.org and we can find the tasks available in that area.

Regards,
Philip