[kde-doc-english] Opening software utilities

Ac. Giridevananda Avt. giridevananda at anandamarga.net
Sat Apr 24 06:37:42 CEST 2004

Friends and Benefactors at KDE,

Thanks very much for your tremendous service to humanity. I've gotten enormous
benefit from using KDE over the years, mostly as a simple end-user, not so
much as a tweaker.

Recently I was trying to find out how to alter keyboard shortcuts and read the
help file prepared for it. It explained the process quite clearly, except how
to find and open the program were not mentioned. I wrote to the help file's
writer Jost Schenk, but shortly afterwards I thought of checking the KDE
configuration menu and found it. Jost kindly replied and suggested I might
send a report of the omission to you.

I'd like to suggest to include within the help files of software utilities the
location of the command to open them for dummies like me.

regards,
Dada G