[kde-doc-english]3.2 freezes

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Sep 15 19:32:30 CEST 2003

Hi!

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.2-release-plan.html

The current 3.2 release schedule got a documentation freeze in week 40
and a translation freeze in week 45. As the documentation team lacks
staff right now, this doesn't really make sense.

So what I talked with Lauri about is: starting with week 40 only documents
are commited that are ready for translation, but documentation per se is
open to change till week 45. Having good english docu _and_ having it
translated all is not a goal we can reach with the current number of people
contributing to the docu ;(

So dear translators: if you can write half way correct english, please feel
free to contribute to the documentation. I'm not speaking exactly for her,
but I'm quite sure Lauri would prefer proofreading a document over writing
it herself. As far as I understood, there are quite some new applications in
3.2 that lack documentation (even though I very often demanded from
application developers to provide documentation when they want to be part
of a KDE release).

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini שלום Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화