[kde-doc-english] Re[2]: "Folder" or "Directory"?

Gregory Mokhin mokhin at bog.msu.ru
Tue Oct 21 08:21:27 CEST 2003

IMHO, this discussion is not new, and a couple of years ago it was
decided that:

"directory" is more suitable in the context of CLI
"folder" is more suitable in the context of GUI

So the changes should be done very carefully, if they are needed at
all.

For the Russian team it would be most of the time useless work to
fix all these new fuzzies, as Russian has also very clear
distinction between 'papka' (=folder) and 'katalog' (=directory).

Best wishes,
Grisha