[kde-doc-english]kde guide for Windows users

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Fri May 9 17:58:44 CEST 2003

On Friday 09 May 2003 16.55, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I feel that there is a need for a guide specifically
> meant for users who have migrated from Windows or
> checking out what KDE offers for them
>
> this would be different from the general purpose guide
> by answering questions many new migrants would ask
> like
>
> where is my computer?
> does kde have a calculator?
> how do i use and format a floppy
> and so on

> is such a guide necessary?
> available?

Some of this content is covered in the Quick Start Guide.  A more specific
'KDE for ex Windows Users' might certainly be useful.

I imagine it more as a quick reference, lots of short answers to questions and
referring (linking) on to existing documentation, since most of this ground
is well covered in various application manuals, it's just not gathered in one
place.  Perhaps as a new section for the FAQ?  Or a new FAQ style document
entirely?

Of course, if you have other ideas how it should be, that's fine too, I'm just
musing.

> can i write one?

Absolutely!

I've sent you separately some getting started information.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/