[kde-doc-english]DTD incompatibility

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Mar 20 19:56:53 CET 2003

Hi Lauri,

Thanks for the information, there's certainly no need to apologize.

It seems like we could add a perl or sed/awk script to the Makefile that
checks the user's KDE version and modifies each of the index.docbook
DOCTYPE lines if the version is less than 3.1.0

We do such Makefile-scripting in kstars to automatically generate i18n lines
for strings in our data files.  I'd be willing to try writing the necessary
script, but I don't know how to access the KDE version in a Makefile...is
there a variable assigned during configure (and accessible by make) that
stores the KDE verison?

regards,
Jason
--