[kde-doc-english]hitting the limits of kioslave documentation II

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Feb 14 13:58:52 CET 2003

Am Freitag, 14. Februar 2003 12:46 schrieb Lauri Watts:
> On Friday 14 February 2003 12.26, Frederik Fouvry wrote:
> > If my previous assumptions are true, you get a bad result because
> > <article> is used as a hack.  ;-) The solutions seems to be to
>
> Absolutely right.  We needed something translateable that could be rendered
> into HTML.  The choices were put all the content as i18n() calls right into
> the source (not terribly manageable for writers), some kind of HTML (not
> very translateable in the KDE system) or a docbook hack that would let us
> at least use the existing translation tools.  It worked ok for the purpose,
> but it's definitely a hack.  Now that the docbooks are (ok, will soon be)
> available in KHelpCenter, we could redo them as proper documents inline
> with the rest of KDE's manuals, but for a hack, it's a fairly useful one.

I'm all up for doing it right in the first place. I think that there's not as
much to document for a kioslave as for a full blown kde application, so
<book> seems overkill. How about "fixing" article to provide a single-paged
document? See my proposal under
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=104522557730317&w=2

What I'm also interested in: Where are the docbooks for the kioslaves are
going to be put (those for khelpcenter)? I preliminarily put mine under
kdebase/doc/dataprotocol/ but that's cluttering the normal apps' namespace.