[kde-doc-english]What's the schedule?

Jonathan Singer jsinger at genome.wi.mit.edu
Thu Aug 21 17:51:08 CEST 2003

Sorry I've been out of touch for so long! I had an enormous series of
experiments that I was forced to do singlehandedly that kept me working
continuously for a year and a half. It did work out nicely -- I've developed
a new way of mapping genes in mice that's identified regions affecting
obesity, anxiety and cholesterol levels. I'd like to link to a publication
but that's stalled while everyone else squabbles over who gets to take how
much credit for my work.

Now I'm looking for a new job so if anyone knows anyone in the
pharmaceutical or biotech industry, I'd appreciate any help. At this point,
relocation to anywhere sounds good.

Anyway, between that and my switching largely to MacOS X, my attention to
KDE has slipped (although I've joined the group working on getting a native
KDE running on OS X) but things have lightened up and I'm going to try to
catch up on my KDE documentation and proofreading responsibilities, starting
with that bit about using Unicode in Konsole that I wrote months ago and
never committed.

What's the current timetable? Are there any imminent freezes, for features
or for text strings? I've completely lost track.

By the way, I see there's a KHexEdit 2 in kdenonbeta -- looks like I may
finally get to make a change in that document for the first time in years!!