[kde-doc-english]Doc for konqueror

Pam R pamroberts at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 13:41:16 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 8:33 am, Frederik Fouvry wrote:

[snip]

> If the entities cause too much confusion, or if their uses are
> too varied, they should not be used.  Yes, getting rid of (some
> of) them may simplify life ;-).  (I don't think there's any
> discussion about the application name entities for instance.)
>
> Perhaps instead of "&LMB;", you'd prefer "&LM; button"?

"&L;" which expands to "<mousebutton>left</mousebutton> would be preferable,
but still not ideal unless meinproc automatically capitalizes the first
letter if it is the first word in a sentence ;-)

But that raises another question in my mind, which is why do we need the
<mousebutton> tag at all? As far as I can see it doesn't affect the final
HTML.

<rant>
I believe that we have far too many markup tags, many of which seem to be in
practice equivalent; <keysym> vs. <keycap> for example. meinproc --check will
there is no feedback to the author saying whether what he has entered is the
correct choice (which should it be?). So why not have just one tag here?

There was some discussion a few months ago about the use of the <action> tag
in the Command Reference section of a handbook. As I understand it no one
could come up with a reason for using this tag.

I also have to say that what really confuses me as a part-time author is the
different markup that seems to be applied to different parts of a filename /
path, for no apparent good reason.
</rant>
--
Pam R: Don't put off until tomorrow what you can leave to the day after.