[kde-doc-english]Doc for konqueror

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Wed Sep 4 09:33:34 CEST 2002

| > You mean where, for example, I have put
| > <mousebutton>left</mousebutton> click ...
| > rather than
| > &LMB; click ... ?
| >
| > It has been done deliberately, because &LMB; would get expanded to
| > <mousebutton>left</mousebutton> mouse button click ...
| > which IMHO is a rather ponderous way of expressing things in en_US,
| > especially when it occurs many many times in the text.
| >
| > I seem to remember that this point was raised soon after the &LMB; etc.
| > entities were introduced, and some translators also raised potentiol
| > problems with the use of &LMB; and its friends.
| >
| > But, I wasn't aware that doing this leads to markup problems and more
| > complicated translation, perhaps you could explain this more fully so that
| > we can arrive at an optimum solution.
|
| I agree with you totally on this, Pam. I think maybe all docs need to be
| reviewed in this case, for the appropriate use of these entities.

If the entities cause too much confusion, or if their uses are
too varied, they should not be used.  Yes, getting rid of (some
of) them may simplify life ;-).  (I don't think there's any
discussion about the application name entities for instance.)

Perhaps instead of "&LMB;", you'd prefer "&LM; button"?

Frederik