[kde-doc-english]Flood of "old" messages in kde-doc-english

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 10:06:13 CEST 2002

On Saturday 12 October 2002 10:42, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> On Saturday 12 October 2002 09:14, Pam R wrote:

> > But even if 50% of them were rubbish, 119 un-approved messages in
> > several months is less than one a day, which is such a low rate
> > that I would vote for making the list open, even if only to avoid
> > the embarrassment of blocking a message from David Faure for 5
> > months :-(
>
> Yes. _that_ was bad.

If you keep the list moderated, you can add exceptions to the moderated
status on an individual basis. I've done this on kde-edu so that people
like thd, coolo, and a few others can post without being subscribed to
the list. It's also a convenient way of adding your work/secon/third
email addresses without actually having to subscribe.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."