[kde-doc-english]update

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Fri Nov 29 13:36:46 CET 2002

| > If you update a document, please also adapt the FPI from 4.1.2 to
| > 4.2.
|
| I suggest this is done in HEAD branch only.

I kind of implicitly meant that, but that's of course not enough.
Now it has been enounced clearly ;-)

[...]

| > You can surround the author name(s) with the tags <personname>.
|
| The authors can do it, but should they do it, Lauri ?

See below.

[...]

| Could you make the default date more recent in the template too ?

Done.

| > You may well ask why on earth you'd add <personname>.  This
| > concerns the second change.  For documentation contributors,
| > there's now a file entities/contributors.entities where you can
| > define an entity for your name and email address.  (Two examples
| > are given in that file.  More will undoubtedly follow.)  That is
| > only possible in XML because of the introduction of <personname>.
| > The author information is now much more friendly-looking (IMHO ;-):
| >
| > <author>&FirstName.M.LastName; &FirstName.M.LastName.mail;</author>
|
| I don't understand.

You define per person two entities, e.g.

(1)
<!ENTITY Eric.Bischoff.mail "<email>e.bischoff at noos.fr</email>">

These can then be freely used in the documentation (both in
othercredit elements, author elements, ... and in the running
text).

If you want, you can also add (like the Dutch and the French
teams are doing) entities specific for certain contributors.

(2)
<!ENTITY traducteurEricBischoff       '<othercredit role="translator">&Eric.Bischoff; &Eric.Bischoff.mail; <contrib>Traduction française</contrib></othercredit>'>

obviously using the entities defined in (1).

If the approach as in (1) is taken, it certainly pays off to
replace the author information (and adding <personname> in the
process).  IMO, there's no point in doing it if the entities are
not used.

I hope this is clearer?

Frederik