[kde-doc-english]Errors in Quanta-Docs

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Wed Nov 20 10:30:54 CET 2002

Le Wednesday 20 November 2002 09:49, Éric Bischoff a écrit:
> > po2xml isn't really a complete parser, it's very basic, and has just this
> > one purpose, occasionally things break it.  >tag> is incorrect markup
> > (it should be <sgmltag>tag</sgmltag> and let the docbook stylesheets take
> > care of generating the brackets.)
> >
> > In any case, yes, I (and the author) are aware there are some serious
> > problems with the quanta doc, but I didn't realise they were breaking
> > po2xml.  It was only moved into the correct place for proper translations
> > a few days ago, long after the freeze and any opportunity to fix these
> > things had passed.
> >
> > Eric, shall I fix them (since without it, it's not going to be
> > translateable anyway) or shall we just hold that until the branch,
> > although this will mean that nobody can get any translations on it for
> > 3.1 (but they will for 3.1.1)?
>
> I think that since it breaks things, it should be fixed now. But the one to
> give his green light is Dirk, of course.

Forget what I've said.

In fact, for KDE 3.1, it should be enough to fix it in kde-i18n translations.
I think that only one language achieved to translate the doc anyway.

It would lead to less problems to just replace "tag>" with "tag&gt;", I think.

Sorry for the hesitations.

--
Calling their ennemies "terrorists" was the excuse for
the nazis to do whatever violation of the human rights.