[kde-doc-english]Re: Screenshots

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Nov 11 22:45:25 CET 2002

Lauri Watts wrote:

[...]

> Kdeprint - Kurt, the same problem here as with Konqueror, if you can possibly
> retake the ones that are referred to in the text, I can handle the rest.

I'll see what I can do...
(They don't really fit into the "picture", as the docu is for 2.2 (and incomplete
at that!) but the shots would be from 3.1....)

BTW, I have given up on keeping the documentation updated in the docbook format,
because my repeated calls for help and advice remained unanswered. (This was well
before the 3.0 release.) You'll notice that I have been writing some other pieces
for the KDEPrint website.

My problems at the time were:

* how to split the original docbook file into seperate pieces?
* how to include the "glossary" part on printing from the khelpcenter into
   the "Manual"?
* how to have separate "Manuals" for the different parts of KDEPrint (accessible
   via the "Help" buttons), which would compile into the full Manual (if, f.e.
   called from the khelpcenter or from the "help:/kdprint" mini-cli?

I also wanted to write a series of mini-documents that are more "task-centric"
(I think this is a waaay better design from the point of view of users): "How
do I...."?. This needs to be accompanied by a good search function, of course,
too. But it doesn't fit at all into KDE's current help document scheme..

Another thing is: "man page" type documents for some of the applications in
KDEPrint are also of some use...

Maybe we can have a second go for it for 3.2?