[kde-doc-english]kxsconfig.po

Görkem Çetin gorkem at gelecek.com.tr
Wed Nov 6 17:02:48 CET 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, [iso-8859-1] Éric Bischoff wrote:

> Le Tuesday 05 November 2002 13:18, Fabrice Mous a écrit:
> > I hope this is the correct mailinglist ... I think I found a spelling error
> > in kxsconfig.po -> string 172
> >
> > "Draws a stream of rising, undulating 3D bubbles, rising toward the top of
> > the screen, with nice specular reflections. Written by Richard Jones."
> >
> > specular >> shouldn't that be spectacular or so ... can't find specular in
> > my dictionary.
>
> specular == done by a mirror
>
> No ?
>
> specular reflections = mirror reflections

That's true(ish) :-)

Specular reflection: Like billard ball highlight, apple surface highlight,
etc. The reflection is focused on an area.

Diffuse reflection (not specular :-): Paper, wood, etc. These are also
called Lambertian surfaces.

(If I were the coder, I wouldn't use the term "specular", rather only use
"reflection". So it doesn't confuse anyone's mind - just like in this
example. There are already more than enough technical terms in KDE :-))

Regards,
Görkem
.tr team