[kde-doc-english]Re: Translating of jokes in programs.

Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes gaute at verdsveven.com
Fri May 3 23:17:50 CEST 2002

Fredag 26. april 2002 13:04 skreiv Malcolm Hunter:

> This is something I am working on. Please can you report these types of
> messages to kde-doc-english so the proof reading team can correct them.
>
> We want to avoid jokes, "I", "me", "my", etc. and emoticons (eg. :-) ).

I think some of the messages from kdebase/kio_smtp.po belongs in that
category:

"Your SMTP server does not support TLS."
Isn't "The SMTP server ..." better?

kdebase/kio_smtp.po, KDE_3_0_BRANCH:

#: smtp.cc:566
Your SMTP server does not support TLS. Disable TLS, if you want to connect
without encryption.
(There are a few more messages of the same kind in the file.)

#: smtp.cc:579
When prompted, you ran away.
(A joke?)

#: smtp.cc:259
SMTPProtocol::smtp_open mislukkast (%1)
(Very technical, belongs in debugging output or should be more descriptive.)

#: smtp.cc:525 smtp.cc:559
The server said: %1
(Can the server really talk?)

Regards,