[kde-doc-english]Some inconsistencies with Turkish

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Thu May 23 01:13:10 CEST 2002

On Thursday 23 May 2002 16:09, Cetin, Gorkem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Two sentences within kdelibs.po:
>
> Unable to %1 because the destination server refuses to accept the file or
> directory.
>
> Unable to %1 because the resource is locked.
>
> Those look impossible to convert to Turkish - can someone tell me how
> these two sentences are used? (A daily life sample would suffice).
>
> (The problem is that, it looks like there's a verb coming right after
> "Unable to". It may be valid in English, but never in Turkish, since verbs
> can "mutate" easily :))

This is from kioslave/http/http.cc.

%1 can be any one of:
"retrieve property values"
"set property values"
"create the requested directory"
"copy the specified file or directory"
"move the specified file or directory"
"search in the specified directory"
"lock the specified file or directory"
"unlock the specified file or directory"
"delete the specified file or directory"
"query the server's capabilities"
"retrieve the contents of the specified file or directory"

There are more examples of this in this file. I think this code needs to be
reviewed.

Regards,
Malcolm
--