[kde-doc-english]documentation style

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Thu May 9 10:24:06 CEST 2002

> This time I do not agree. Using "I" or "me" sounds unprofessional.

The only time I allow first person is when the user has options, such as in
a wizard:

This is a made up example - I can only recall one instance of this style.

I want to create my own template.
I want to use the default template.

Removing first person could be confusing, and maybe this is a bad example.

Create template.
Use default template.

How is the template created? By the user or by the system.

I have allowed, in at least one case, the author to "talk" to the users in
the Help->About, eg. "I want to thank so-and-so for their original source
code, etc."

However, messages like "I can't create file" will be changed ("Unable to
create file").

Regards,
Malcolm

--