[kde-doc-english]KPovModeler ready for KDE3.1

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat Mar 30 21:53:04 CET 2002

On Saturday 30 March 2002 20.53, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> On Saturday 30 March 2002 19:53, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> > See http://www.kpovmodeler.org for further information and screenshots.
> >
> > What is still missing is a user documentation. I don't want to write it
> > myself because I will start my master dissertation the next weeks and I
> > am not a native english speaker. Is anyone interested in joining the
> > project to write one? Basic povray knowledge would be good.
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I hope you will find contributors. From an organisational point of view,
> please note that:
>
> - If an application is not in the KDE repository like KPoxRayModeler, then
> the right place for its documentation is in kde-i18n/templates/doc/others.
> This permits that this documentation becomes translated.
>
> - Please also register yourself in kde-i18n/templates/README, this gives to
> the documentation and translation teams a way to keep contact with your
> project.

Eric, KPovModeler just got put into kdegraphics this afternoon :)

Andreas, I've added the usual "This manual wasn't written yet" text, mainly
because it's more userfriendly for users that do press the help button to be
told specifically that it's not written, than to be tossed to the
khelpcenter's own help page.  It also lets me (try) to get the .desktop
file(s) pointing in the right place.

There are some new volunteers who have written to me lately, one in particular
expressed interest in writing about graphics software. However, the
documentation team is very small and very short of hands, so we may not be
able to pull off a miracle.

In any case, we'll do our best to find you a volunteer, and if you find one
yourself from amongst your user base, please let us know, we'll help in any
way possible.

Lauri Watts