[kde-doc-english]a quick intro and hello

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at olympusproject.org
Thu Mar 28 20:24:39 CET 2002

Hello...

After a quick chat with Lauri on IRC, we agreed that it would be a good idea
to have some coordination between the documentation and translation teams and
the people working in the usability project.

Obviously, usability is effected by documentation and translation coverage. So
if changes are made to applications in the name of usability but this isn't
communicated to and coordinated with those writing the documentation or
translating the visible strings, we've won a battle but lost the war.

I've subscribed to the kde-doc-english list to hopefully aid in this regard
and work with everyone on coordinating UI changes made by the usability
project. Who knows, perhaps we'll also get one or two people from the
usability project contributing some documentation as a bonus =)

I also understand there is work underway regarding a style guide for visible
strings and other such items being worked on. I'm certain the usability
project would be very interested in seeing (and following) this style guide
when it is complete.

Take care...

--
Aaron Seigo