[kde-doc-english]kdebase/userguide/first-impressions

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Tue Mar 19 10:27:54 CET 2002

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 10:03, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

> > >  "You see to sea to see all that you can see is sea"
>
> Which nursery rhyme? I've never heard of it and google doesn't bring back
> any results.

Anyway, I've found my old translation (from years ago) in CVS, I've used two
verses of Verlaine for children :

	Dame souris trotte, grise dans le noir
	Dame souris trotte, noire dans le gris du soir

which are perfectly okay because they speak about "impressions", and this
paragraph is about the first impressions you get when you discover KDE.

I apologize for having got angry so quickly, I was tired and this neverending
KDE 3.0 is stressing.

I also now suppose that my old translation got lost because it went removed as
many outdated docbook files (before we switched to po mechanism). Sorry again
for the suspicion, Lauri.

The problem is that this whole section is identical to what it was years ago
for KDE 1. In particular, now the tasks list is part of the panel, there's a
system tray that is not mentioned, the virtual desktops are no buttons
anymore but reduced views, there's no kedit button anymore but a kate button,
and so on. This is really a problem since this is a core documentation, the
very beginning of the user's guide :-(.