[kde-doc-english]kdeutils/knotes

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Mar 11 14:15:37 CET 2002

On Monday 11 March 2002 11.42, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> On Monday 11 March 2002 11:38, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > It occurred to me that some of the teams that are very far along in the
> > translations may want to apply them locally and update their own
> > versions, so I may as well make it easy for them, without affecting those
> > teams who are trying to catch up.

> No please ;-), this would generate an awful mess next time that Coolo runs
> his scripts.

Ok :)

Still, I'll post a list later in the day, once I see what I've got, so that
anyone who is still making patches will know what already has patches against
it.  I've long ago come to the conclusion that paragraphed documentation is
way less merge friendly than C++ sources line-by-line nature is.

> And even if the French, the German and the Swedish are very far in the doc
> translation, they still have a lot to do, so let's let it as it is for this
> version. Your freeze comes at the right moment (if you remember, I was
> against earlier freezes), and we have to live with it ;-).

It's really encouraging to see how much documentation is being committed by
other teams too.  KDE documentation is coming along nicely.  If we (the
writers) take care in the future, the work done now will be a huge boost to
the next release, and the next after that too.

> In fact, this problem is quite general :-(. But now with check_gui_texts
> the translators have a very strong incentive for getting every GUI text
> marked up ;-).

Heh, check_gui_texts is just plain cool.

Regards
--
Lauri Watts